Saturday, August 14, 2010

Potty Training - Day 1 - Part 2

The rest of our day was awesome. Travis and I couldn't be more pleased with how Addison did today. After she woke from her nap we started the whole process again. But we weren't as diligent with putting her on the potty every 10 minutes as we were this morning. We didn't really have to be - she would tell us every time she needed to go. Shortly after nap I caught her straining and I rushed her to the restroom and she finally went #2. It was the first time she's REALLY done that one. You could tell a light bulb went off. We praised her BIG time and let her draw a prize. For a little while this afternoon Travis was trying to put her on the potty and she was starting to resist. I got a little worried that she was starting to tire of it all - so we backed off a little and just watched her and let her tell us when she needed to go (with gentle reminders). By the way, we switched back and forth between the litte potty on the floor and the toilet in the bathroom. Sometimes she would prefer one over the other, I'm not sure why but I'm just pleased that she is using both.

We hadn't planned to let her go outside but because she was doing so well we decided we'd go for it. After being out for awhile she actually told us this time that she needed to go poopy! So we quickly took her inside and she went. She had no accidents this afternoon and evening and made it all the way to bedtime with no diaper!

Not only were Travis and I amazed at her progress today but we noticed she was incredibly obedient. She was sweet and kind and extremely loving. We're not sure if it's because we completely put everything aside to spend quality time with her or what but it was great and very helpful through this entire day. We were getting pretty tired but her incredible 3 hour nap gave us a good break.

So we're on to Day 2 tomorrow and plan to do the whole thing all over again. One sweet thing I forgot to add is that at one point while we were all in the bathroom Addison asked to pray. She'll often stretch out her hands and say "let's pray". It's the sweetest cutest thing and so today we took advantage of that and just asked Jesus to help Addison learn to pee pee in the potty! She closed the prayer with a big "AMEN"!

No comments:

Post a Comment