Just wanted to record a little potty update for myself along with a cute story for memory sake. Addison has been doing really well this week with the potty - at home and at school. On Tuesday we took her to Chick-fil-A and then to her school for "meet the teacher" night and she wore panties the entire time. She would tell us when she needed to go (even #2!). She is doing awesome and we're so proud of her.
Except... last night and this morning she began to resist when asked if she needed to go. When she awoke this morning I took her to the potty and she began to cry and throw a fit and refused to sit on the toilet. I'm thinking "Oh-to-the-NO". It all seems too good to be true that she's even remotely potty trained right now that I fully expect it all to backfire at any moment. I didn't push it and just moved her away from the restroom. Following that she was off to school so at this very moment I don't know how the rest of her day went with all that... I'm praying well!
Now for the cute story... last night after bath time I put her on the potty but she was strongly resisting. So I said, "Ok then let's just put on our pull ups and our PJs". She didn't want to have anything to do with the pull up and was mad at me for putting her in a pull up instead of a diaper (she definitely knows the difference). Trying to dissipate her little tantrum, I redirected her to her room where we were going to apply lotion and then get her PJs on. So I asked Addison to help me put her lotion on and I put some on her sweet little hands. She loves doing that... and it quickly pulled her out of her little funk. So here's the conversation that followed:
Addison: sowwy mommy
Me: for what precious? what are you sorry for? (though I figured... I wanted to see if she knew why she was saying it)
Addison: for mean
Awesome! My PRECIOUS little girl was telling me she was sorry for being "mean" when I was trying to get her to go potty and put on the pull up. So cute. She then smiled really big and asked if she could put on some panties. To which I replied.. of course!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment