Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Journey to Adopt - April 8, 2014 (The end of Part I)


And then there were 3.
She's gone. And we're ok. I promise. We dropped K at the CPS office this afternoon. There we met her mom and granny. Yes, it was awkward. But they were very sweet and seemed happy to meet us. I hugged mom's neck, handed her the notebook we've been sharing and wanted to say a million things. But I didn't. We hugged K goodbye and that was it. CPS told me after we left that we've been a huge blessing to K's mom AND that K talked about Addie the entire drive to her new home. Ugh. My heart.
This evening felt weird but normal. Almost like the 2 month whirlwind of a precious 3 year old never happened. Hilariously, we found ourselves quoting her all evening. I think the sting of missing her will come and go. I was just in K's room folding and putting away laundry and that sting was there. K came to us with a bag of clothes which we left neatly folded and untouched. I never realized having her wear all of OUR clothes would be the thing that would get me. Every item reminded me of her. And my heart sunk a little.
So life goes on. We're going to take some time and pray and think about what's next for our family. This was an interesting experience and truthfully I don't particularly want to go through it again. We do still have a strong desire for adoption. So who knows, we'll see what The Lord has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment